Thursday 22 January 2015

Taking time to pray

Prayer is so important! It's what gets me through every big and little, good and bad, thing in my life. I have been trying something new for the last month or so to help me to pray regularly. I made myself a list of times to pray and what to pray about during those times. I also try to talk to God everywhere in between and tell Him about life and what's on my heart. Here is the list:

Before I get out of bed in the morning: I thank God for the blessing he has given me. I try to be specific and thank Him for certain things that have been a blessing to me recently. I also take this time to pray for a list of people (In my head) that God has laid on my heart.

Around 11:30 in the morning: I thank God for who He is and for certain characteristics that I have noticed in my life recently.

At meal times: I thank God for the food and the day.

During my shower: I confess to God the things that I have done wrong recently and ask Him for forgiveness. I also ask Him to help me to do better.

Just before I go to bed: I pray a blessing over people in my life, friends, family, and whoever comes to my mind.

I have been working on making this a habit and I will keep trying until it is a habit! I would encourage you to make a list of times to pray and what to pray about during these times. Trust me you won't regret it :)

Psalm 55:17
Evening and morning and noon I will pray, and cry aloud, And He shall hear my voice.





No comments:

Post a Comment