Monday 18 November 2013

When I feel frustrated

We all feel frustrated once in a while. Sometimes we are frustrated about little things that can be easily fixed but other times we are frustrated about things that are a lot bigger and can't be fixed as easily.

What I do when I'm frustrated is first I stop and pray and ask God what to do in this situation. Okay, so maybe that's not always my first response but I am working on it and I hope that one day it will be! When you give your problems to God they don't seem like that big of a problem anymore because they aren't in your hands they are in God's.

After I pray another thing I try to do is quote Bible verses to myself to try and get a more God focused point of view. Some on my favorite verses to quote are Jeremiah 29:11, Philippians 4:13, Romans 8:31, and Psalm 23.I will share them with you here:

Jeremiah 29:11
 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Philippians 4:13
 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Romans 8:31
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
  He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
   he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
    for his name’s sake.
 Even though I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
    for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.

 You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.
 
Once I get a more God focused mind and heart I do something that I enjoy that is calming, such as going for a walk, taking a shower, or drinking a cup of tea. Also talking to a family member or friend almost always helps!
 
I don't know what you are frustrated about these days but God does, give it to Him, that's the first step in the right direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment